From Sir Syed Ahmad Khan To
Quaid-i-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah
Dr. S. Qalb-i-Abid
This book had been in the making ever since my return from the U K in 1986 after my Ph. D. research which was published under the title The Muslim Politics in the Punjab, 1921-47 (Vanguard Books 1992). I was extremely fortunate in having collected research material. During my research in London. Leeds and Cambridge. For a book on the struggle for Pakistan. It took almost eight years in writing. Drafting and redrafting the manuscript in order to maintain a reasonable length. Some material therefore has been eliminated inevitably. So as to leave out some unnecessary account of events.
In writing of this book my sincere and grateful thanks are due to many, First and foremost. My thanks are offered to Professor David N. Dilks. My research supervisor in the University of Leeds. Currently Vice Chancellor of the University of Hull. Professor Dilks had been supportive in many ways, more than the words and phrases can communicate. I also owe particular debt of gratitude to Professor Dr. Bimal Prasad of Nehru University. Delhi. Who joined the University of Leeds in 1982 as a visiting professor? I am deeply grateful to him for sparing time for frequent sittings with me and allowing me to benefit from his knowledge and insight whilst discussing some important issues relating to the freedom movement in India. I was able w exchange views with other eminent Indian scholars like Professor S. R. Mehrotra at the India Office Library and Records. London. Professor Mehrotra also delivered a series of lectures at various British Universities on freedom movement in India which were thought-provoking for me.
Similarly, Professor Euganee Irschrik of University of California Berkely was also kind enough to offer his comments on various mam relating to my conclusions on freedom movement in lndia. I am also deeply grateful to Professor Dr. Syed Razi Wasti, my teacher and research supervisor in Government College. Lahore during post-graduation. I was able to benefit from Prof. Wasti’s comments on a number of occasions. I am also deeply grateful to Dr. Z.H. Zaidi for throwing light on various aspects of Quaid-i-Azam’s life and policies……..
Muslim Struggle For Independence
From Sir Syed Ahmad Khan To
- The Concepts of Information... — You need to activate our plugin to view or download books more conveniently The use of information technology in every field of life is increasing with the passage of time. It is very important for students as well as common people to know the latest concepts of information technology to compete in the world. Proficiency [...]
- Mass Communication M. IMTIA... — You need to activate our plugin to view or download books more conveniently MUHAMMAD IMTIAZ SHAHID I am feeling proud that this new edition is being published by the prestigious publishing house “Advanced Publishers”. This edition contains more extensive changes than the preceding ones in the two respects in which the preceding ones have introduced [...]
- Mass Communications by Wilb... — You need to activate our plugin to view or download books more conveniently Wilbur Schramm The BOOK has been prepared at the request of many students, teachers, and research men who have urged the Institute of Communications Research to supplement its first book, Communication in Modem’ Society, with a volume that would be broader in [...]
- Competitive Journalism by A... — You need to activate our plugin to view or download books more conveniently Abid Tehami Mass communication now has become the most important International of subject. Not only because the readers and the audiences of the world, read newspapers, watch T.V and listen to radio programs, produced by all countries. But because it is this [...]
- EVERY DAY SCIENCE — You need to activate our plugin to view or download books more conveniently EVERY DAY SCIENCE For Competitive Examination By Dr. M. Akram Kashmiri INTRODUCTION The word ‘Science ‘is derived from the Latin (Roman) word ‘Scientia’ or ‘Scire’ which means knowledge. Science deals with the understanding of natural phenomena and the relations between them [...]